Friday, May 15, 2009

Green!

Finally! It's starting to look like spring around here. We had snow this week, about an inch, that lasted until the afternoon. The next day, it warmed up nicely into the 70s. 

The kids and I went on a drive in search of groceries. We drove to Sheridan, Wyoming. It's such a beautiful drive around curves and over hills. A few ranches dot the landscape but what I noticed was how green everything has become. There are signs of life here! 

I'm told that the green doesn't last long once July and August roll around and the rain pretty much stops for 2 months. For now, I'm enjoying the long drives to buy food. At least the scenery is nice too look at even if all I hear is two arguing children behind me. I just turn up the radio. What kids. I don't hear any kids. 

On another note, I'm writing for a website called The Examiner. I'm the Billings Cooking Examiner. If you get a chance, check out my articles



No comments:

Post a Comment