Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Quiet down!

Nature is really flippin' loud. 

After living in the city and dealing with those sounds, I now have to train myself to sleep with hearing pheasants and frogs. The city is noisy - vehicles, drunk college students in the alley (in Hyde Park, that is), and sirens. We also had to deal with a bright street light shining into our bedroom window every night. It felt like God was shining his flashlight down on us. I can see everything, Marcy. 

But now we sleep with the windows open at night and can hear all sorts of sounds. Pheasants. Frogs. Crickets. The frogs and crickets I can get used to. I can even get used to the numerous birds living around us, but it's the pheasants. Man alive are they loud! And it isn't a pleasant sound.

Here's a clip of what they sound like. Try listening to that every day and night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment