Wednesday, February 18, 2009

News

At what point do I stop reading the Chicago Tribune and officially move on from Chicago? 

It's just so hard, I tell you. We are here. No newspaper. No TV (yet) and I'm tired of reading CNN.com and MSN. For two news junkies like Joe and I, it's difficult not to go the Tribune's site to see what's happening in the world of corrupt politicians. Funny stuff...crazy, impeached governor; corrupt-so-badly-he-doesn't-know-who-he-last-paid-off mayor; oh-so innocent newly appointed Senator who claims he did lie. There's just too much not to keep up with. I even read the weather report. Why? Last I knew, Tom's Skilling forecast didn't cover eastern Montana. Maybe I was worried Chicago would be buried under 10 feet of snow and then the schools would actually close for a day. It would be just my luck. We move away and the city finally takes a snow day

I realize that we may not move back to Illinois (not any time soon at least). I guess I'll have to start reading the Billings Gazette and Ranch & Farm Weekly (real publication, folks), so I'm aware of any good news circulating around here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment